Saturday, September 22, 2007

Built by Wendy, take two

Here's my second attempt at Simplicity 3835, a Built by Wendy pattern. I chose to make the mini-dress with tie sleeves, only I used the length for the longer dress. I'm pretty tall, so it ended up being a good length (not too) mini on me. I don't think I'd ever go much shorter than this, but I think this style looks nice on the short side. I used a cotton print by Joel Dewberry called Buttercup, in ochre. It's a nice quality fabric, and I like the subtlety of the print. I finished it in quite a hurry last night so I could wear it to a friend's birthday party. Overall, I think this is quite a cute pattern, though I do think it is tricky to get the arm gathering to look nice. Mine is a bit haphazard, but I'm sure there must be a trick to doing it well.
I should have a couple finished knits to show in early October, after I return from a trip to Canada. Hopefully my first vintage dress will also be ready to show soon!

2 comments:

Sara said...

cute! i love the ties on the sleeves!!

Regina said...

Love it!!! Great job!